Thursday 28 August 2008

Christian Bowman Interview

How did you get your role on LOST?

I had met Jack Bender, the exec producer and director, at a Starbucks in Kaneohe, HI. He let me know he still hadn't filled a specific role and invited me in to read for the part of Steve Jenkins. I went in the next day and I got the role after auditioning for him and several producers. I was on set the following morning.

You grew up travelling the world, what was this like?

It opened my eyes up to amazingly beautiful and amazingly ugly parts of humanity in all walks of life. I have seen aspects of the Jet set ultra rich lifestyle and also have seen depravity and starvation in third world countries. I learned alot about people by stepping out of the tourist traps and spending time with locals in alot of different locations. It was difficult to have to move just after making new friends,

Did you enjoy your time on LOST? Was it different from any other work you have done?

Lost was wonderful. It was difficult as a small bit player to hope for a bigger role with such a large cast, but it was a great learning experience. The directors and actors on the show were so unique in their approach to their craft and it was great to watch them in action and be a part of it all.

Do you still watch LOST??

I unfortunately don't watch much TV. Alot of people have gotten mad at me actually because they ask me about my opinions on the character developments and I can't provide much feedback for them. I have the DVD's and have been meaning to devote some time to catching up on the story line.
If so, do you have a favourite episode or character?

What was it like to work with the cast?

The cast was very friendly and had a great time with each other between takes.

Can you tell us a bit about any up and coming work you are doing?

I finished a small recurring role on Prison Break as Agent King during season 3. I had hoped to continue the role, but they dropped the rest of the season after the writers strike and moved production for season 4 and Agent King isn't part of the story any more.
I am slated to start work on a feature film entitled 'Code Enforcer' which I'm looking forward to. There is more details in the synopsis for the movie on IMDB.

No comments: